FAQ ***Frequently Asked Questions
This page contains answers to common questions of students and parents.
- How do you assess Bible verses?
- May I have lunch with my child?
- May I celebrate my child's birthday at school?
- May I send invitations for my child's birthday?
- May I walk my child to their classroom in the mornings?
- Is it normal for my child to reverse letters in words?
- What can my child bring for nap-time?
- What can my child bring for snack?
1. How do you assess Bible verses?
The Bible verse is introduced on Monday and reviewed daily. On Friday, the child will verbally recite the Bible verse.
2. May I have lunch with my child?
Yes, please sign in at the office and meet us at the cafeteria at your child's lunch time. You may sit outside or at the assigned tables in the main cafeteria.
3. May I celebrate my child's birthday at school?
Yes, please check with your child's teacher about a convenient time. You may send or bring a snack (cupcakes, cookies, doughnuts, juice). No Goodie Bags, PLEASE!
4. May I send invitations for my child's birthday?
Yes, if every child in their class receives an invitation. The only exception is...if it is a girl's only or boy's only party.
(EXAMPLE: If you / your daughter are wanting to invite ALL of the girls in her class it is okay to send them to us and we will put them in their folders. If you / your daughter are only wanting to invite one or two girls from her class, you will need to mail / deliever the invitations to those students yourself.)
5. May I walk my child to their classroom in the mornings?
It is highly discouraged after the first week of school. We are working towards building your child's independent skills.
6. Is it normal for my child to reverse letters in words?
Yes, this is developmentally appropriate.
7. What can my child bring for nap-time?
A small blanket or beach towel and one small stuffed animal or small pillow.
Please do not allow your child to bring toys of any kind.
8. What can my child bring for snack?
Please provide only one or two healthy snacks. No candy or drinks. We will provide water at snack time.