Non-Uniform Day Dress Code
All non- uniform days will be scheduled by the administration. This is a day to "dress up" or wear nice casual clothes. The cost of coming out of uniform will vary. Money collected is used for special student projects and fund raisers. The following guidelines will be followed.
1. Clothing with slogans, pictures, patches or inscriptions that are inconsistent with the philosophy of SCPS is not allowed. The principal will determine whether an article of clothing is appropriate.
2. Pre-kindergarten through fifth grade may wear nice sweatsuits.
3. Shoes must be worn. Socks must be worn with all shoes except sandals and shoes without backs.
Lower School students can not wear shoes without backs.
4. Shoe heels must be less than two inches in height.
5. Lower school students only may wear shorts or skorts that are knee length or longer (at least the length of uniform shorts).
6. No halter or tank tops, spaghetti-strap tops or dresses.
7. No baggy clothing may be worn.
8. No leggings with oversized T-shirts as dresses.
9. Dresses and skirts should not be shorter than uniform code.
10. Students may wear jeans on non-uniform days.
11. No t-shirts may be worn as outer garments (US & MS).
12. The stomach and midriff area must be covered. No extremely low-cut blouses/shirts may be worn.
13. No sleeveless blouses/shirts are allowed (US).
14. No hip-huggers or low cut pants may be worn.
15. Clothing may not have holes, rips or tears.
16. Students who are improperly dressed may be sent home or placed in in-house suspension.